Make sure to comment if you used a recipe. Let us know how it went!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No Bakes

Why? Well I just made some and they are a quick and easy chocolate fix that does fill you up, so you can only eat a few. Or if you are Jason, you eat a lot and end up being sick! Either way, you still get chocolate, and most everything is from my food storage, so yea food storage!

No Bakes

2 cups sugar
1/4 cup dk baking cocoa
1/2 cup milk (I use fresh, but you can use canned as well)
1/4 lb butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal

* Mix sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan.
* Melt over high heat and bring to a boil.
* Hard boil (or a rolling boil) for 1 minute (this is VERY important, only let it boil for 1 minute. If you let it boil longer, the cookies will not turn out!)
* Take saucepan off heat and stir in peanut butter.
* Add vanilla and oatmeal last.
* Let sit for about 5-10 minutes in sauce pan.
* On a cookie sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper, separate into cookies. (I use my ice cream scoop. It is a great cookie maker)
* Put in fridge for about an hour or so. Over night is best.

1 comment:

Tara Shirley said...

YUMMMM!!! I love no bakes and can never find my recipe!