Make sure to comment if you used a recipe. Let us know how it went!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Bread Bowls

Nothing goes better with some hot soup than a yummy bread bowl! I love them, and hate running to the store every time I get a craving for soup and bread bowls, so here is what I do. I will give you two options to make them from home.

The first one is a great recipe from scratch!

Bread Bowls

2T yeast
1 C warm water
1T sugar

* Mix together set aside

6 C flour
1 C boiling water
1T shortening
1 egg white
2 tsp salt

* Mix everything but flour.
* Then add flour mix and add yeast mixture
* Knead, divide into baseball size balls
* Put on greased pan
* Spray rolls and cover.
* Let rise 1/2 hr or till double in size
* Bake 450° 30 minutes turn to 350° cook for 20 more minutes

The second one is a cheater's method, still great!

* Buy a package of frozen bread loaves in the freezer section at the store. (I buy the sourdough, if I can find them!)
* Defrost and cut into halves or thirds depending on the size bowl you want.
* Allow to rise like it says on the bag.
* Cook for 25 min like it says on bag.

Now go and enjoy some yummy soup in your homemade bowls!

2 comments:

jen said...

Hey - how many bowls does that recipe make? and thanks for sharing all your great recipes!

Emily said...

It all depends on how big or small you want them. I usually get 5-6.