Make sure to comment if you used a recipe. Let us know how it went!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Homemade Tootsie Rolls

Growing up, I remember my mom doing some pretty fun things with food. One of my favorites was homemade Tootsie Rolls. They always tasted so much better than the store bought ones and were a family favorite to make. I think it was mostly because you had to play with it to make it! Now what kid does not like that?

Homemade Tootsie Rolls

2 pkg liquid chocolate (3 Tbsp cocoa + 1 Tbsp melted margarine = 1 pkg. chocolate)
1/2 c light Karo syrup
3/4 c powdered milk
3 c powdered sugar
2 Tbsp margarine
1 tsp vanilla

* Butter hands
* Roll out and work like clay until well mixed
* Wrap in waxed paper and store in refrigerator


1 comment:

Kati said...

My kids will worship the ground you walk on for this one! You are too cool Emily! :)