Make sure to comment if you used a recipe. Let us know how it went!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Homemade Blueberry Muffins

I have decided that deciding what to put on here is just as bad as "what's for dinner". I hate that questions. I often find myself too hot in the summer to even think about cooking. So to make my life easier, I am just going to start posting recipes that I will be using my produce from Bountiful Baskets. Seeing as how we are really trying to save our pennies around here, I have really liked picking up the produce and then deciding my meals around that. It keeps me out of my rut and back in the kitchen.




So if you did the Bountiful Baskets this past week, you would have received Blueberries! I was so excited about getting these. I have two recipes that I have been wanting to make, but did not want to fork out the money for blueberries. The first one is Blueberry muffins. I love these and really do not mind the "muffins out of the box" kind, but there is something about homemade.


Blueberry Muffins


1 cup Milk
1/4 cup veggie oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fresh blueberries (you can use frozen if you like)


Streusel Topping:


1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp firm butter
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon


* Heat oven to 400 degrees.
* Prepare streusel topping by mixing ingredients together until crumbly.
* Grease bottoms of 12 medium muffing cups (or use paper muffin cups)
* Beat milk, oil, vanilla and egg.
* Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until flour is moist. The batter will be lumpy.
* Fold in blueberries.
* Divide evenly among the muffin cups.
* Sprinkle with 2 tsp of streusel topping.
* Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Keep checking back for another yummy recipe I am making with my Bountiful Basket

No comments: