Make sure to comment if you used a recipe. Let us know how it went!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Davis County School Peanut Butter Fingers

This one is for Kallie!

There were a few things I really liked about school lunch. The rolls for example. Loved those, and their peanut butter fingers. I would buy school lunch on the days that they made these, just so I would get one! They are that good. I am not sure that they still make these or not. Seeing as I have not had school lunch in... well, lets just say a long time. So as per request, here are the famous, super yummy, no good for you, Davis County School Peanut Butter Fingers.

Peanut Butter Fingers

Cookie:

3/4 c butter, softened (not melted!)
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c peanut butter
2 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 c oatmeal

* Cream sugars and butter together.
* Mix all other ingredients into sugar mixture
* Spread on greased cookie sheet
* Bake @ 325 for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE!!!!! You want the cookies to look almost done. Still soft.
* While the cookies are still warm, spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top. The warm cookies will melt the peanut butter enough to be able to spread it.
* Let cookies cool before frosting.

Frosting:

1 cube butter, softened (not melted)
3-4 T cocoa
4 c powdered sugar
1/3 c milk

Enjoy, and yes, these will go straight to your hips!

5 comments:

jen said...

Remember our old ward cook book - you put this recipe in there and I bake them WAY too much. My family loves these and gobbles them all up every time I make them. Thanks!!

I may just have to go bake some right now...yum-o!

Emily said...

I love our old war cookbook. We did on in my current ward and I left this recipe out. I think I am getting into trouble for leaving this out.

I think you are right Jen, I too need to go and make some!

Kallie said...

Thanks Emily, and you are in trouble for leaving it out of the ward cookbook. Yes, I did check and that is when I resorted to requesting it on here. You are awesome!

Kallie said...

Another thing I loved about school lunch, was on the days they served taco's they had these super yummy homemade cinnamon rolls. The lunch these days at school is nothing like it used to be. Everything is store bought, no more homemade treats.

Michelle said...

These are the best things ever!!!! I need to make them again when I am off this stupid diet!!!